Male Sex Work
- Tumblr maintained by the male sex worker outreach officer at SIN (South Australia)
- "Male sex worker panel session: Getting the Job Done: male sex workers on research about their community and the gap between studies and understanding." Including 2016 Male Sex Worker Representative, Joel Falcon.
- Joel Falcon writes on the closure of rentboy.com(2015)
- Issues for Male Sex Workers by Vic St. Blaise As submitted to The San Francisco Task Force on Prostitution.
- European Network on Male Prostitution
- Male sex work in the news
- Male Youth Prostitution Part 1, countries and continents and Part 2, films and culture
- SW5 Working with Male and Transgender sex workers in England
Please note!Many of the older discussion articles below are printed or photocopied resources - not digital resources. Lacking electronic copies, we have scanned articles and uploaded them for your enjoyment. However, this means that some of the PDF's are larger than usual - none higher than a meg though. Thanks for your patience!
Scarlet Alliance does not endorse the content of these articles, this is a representation of a range of debates relating to male sex workers.
- Keith, Chach, Richard "Key Issues for Male Sex Workers" 1994 This article highlights some of the exaggerated realities for men working in the sex industry. As per usual, the issues are mainly relating to discrimination, stigma, identity, presumption and safety.
- Phillip Moore, "Male Sex Work-Condition or Career?" This article discusses the stigma and discrimination experienced by male workers in relation to accessing mainstream services, health professionals, police and others. It is out of date in some of its attitudes but provides food for thoughts in other areas.
- St. Blaise, Vic "Issues For Male Sex Workers" This was a submission to The San Fransisco Task Force on Prostitution and explores the seeming invisibility of male sex workers and came from SWAV, a sex worker group in Toronto, Canada.
- "WorkerBoy "Daring to Dabble" Discusses the way working in a Sex Worker Organisation affects the lives of male sex worker educators and explores the very real issue of sex worker advocacy burnout.
- Timberlake, Susan "Men Having Sex with Men and Human Rights- A United Nations AIDS Perspectivce" 2006 This document is a pre-conference paper on Gay Men and Men who have Sex with Men, presented at the ILGA Conference in Geneva, 2006.
- Lukas, "The Myths of Escorting" 2000 A brief article exploring the common discriminatory and stigmatising assumptions of what it means to be an escort.
- Cajetan, G "Research and Outreach on the Demand Side" 1994 This article from HOOK Online,focuses on the difficulties in accessing clients for the purposes of research while highlighting the imbalance in this regard of the over-researching of male sex workers lifestyle and behaviours.
- Working Mens Project "Male Sex Work" A seven page document outlining issues around the male sex work industry.
- Reuter, Brad "The Black and White of Male Sex Workers and All Shades of Grey" 1999 This draft report was authored by the Male Health Educator for the now defunct Queensland Sex Worker Organisation, SQWISI. Discussed in this report are the difficulties faced by male sex worker peer educators in Australia and outlining a broad range of issues that affect male sex workers.
- David Mariner "Online Male Escorts Defy Stereotypes" March 2006 Short article about online male sex work.
- Murray, Alison "Can the Sex Worker Speak" National AIDS Bulletin, 1995 Alison discusses the issues of sex worker representation, in particular the marginalisation of injecting drug users. Published in National AIDS Bulletin, 1995.
- "Media Survival Guide for Sex Workers" Alexandra Beesley Submitted via email during the Olympics in Australia. A must read for anyone considering getting involved in media activism
Scarlet Men Disclaimer, August 2007The materials archived and showcased on these pages promote important male sex work peer education materials from Australia and the world, written primarily by male sex workers. Amazing, dedicated and skilled male whores have documented thoughts, interactions and knowledge to share with you. Scarlet Alliance does not own the copyright to any of the works contained herein - copyright remains with the original authors. If you are an author wish to update, contribute, edit or remove a piece from this site, please contact Scarlet Alliance at email@example.com with Scarlet Men in the subject.
Updated 15 October 2007